In choosing a winner, the Selection Panel considers the degree to which the organization achieves success in the following areas:
- Innovation: Developing an innovative approach to solve a pressing need within the regions.
- Leadership and Community Empowerment: Demonstrating leadership in inspiring change while addressing specific community needs.
- Impact: Tracking and documenting results that show a positive, tangible and sustainable impact.
- Partnerships: Developing innovative partnerships including private-public initiatives and with other nonprofit organizations.
- Transferability: Sharing and transferring knowledge, expertise and experience through networking and learning.
The Award will recognize and reward civil society organizations who have excelled in their desire to improve their communities through various initiatives while also serving as a shining example of best practices in non-profit management.
The SWECSON Annual NGO Award for NGO Excellence in South West is to:
- Formally honor the civil society profession and communicate the positive impact that these organizations have in the community within South West Region
- Highlight the best practices of NGOs (effective management, accountability, good governance);
- Identify emerging trends and underrepresented areas in the sector;
- Identify key leaders who will shape the sector.